Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GOOD BYE OPOSSUM

Last spring a friend was dropping me off after we ran away to Lowes.  I happened to look up as my motion light went off to see the BIGGEST OPOSSUM I had ever seen (ok the only opossum I have ever seen) in my drive way.  I promptly called my husband from the car to tell him.  He laughed at my fear; it was big enough to take my youngest away.  We never saw the opossum again.  Fast forward to two weeks ago; the hubby and I were sitting in the family room with my parents when my mom shrieked at the site of the opossum looking through our sliding doors.  I fortunately did not get a close up look at him that night.  The following the night I did get a really good look at him as he visited my sliding door again.  HOLY opossum Batman.  He is HUGE!!  The hubs now believes me that this bugger is ginormous.  I later found out that the village we reside in will send a wild life remover, wild life catcher, wild life exterminator (I am too lazy to get up and see what his official title is) over to trap and remove our little uninvited guest.  So after a quick phone call to the village office I received a call from said trapper.  He showed up Friday evening and set traps all around our deck with a promise that he will be back every day to check the traps.  Saturday’s trip did not provide the invader.  Sunday’s trip however has put my fears to rest.  WE GOT HIM and a pesky squirrel, which unfortunately was released back into my yard.  This opossum was gnarly and by the looks of him was not well. 

Now what you can’t see is that his face and head is missing a bunch of fur and has oozing stuff all over his face.  He was also missing his right eye , that I chose not to photograph. 


Of course in my crazy life where truth is stranger than fiction I couldn’t have a garden variety opossum oh no we have to have the biggest, ugliest, gnarly one around.  OH BOY WHY ME :)

No comments:

Post a Comment