Thursday, May 19, 2011

YES ME!

So many of my posts are about the crazy things that happen in my day-to-day life with my crazy boys, today it is about one of the many great things that happen in my day-to-day life.  It was last week and my hubs and I were getting dinner ready in our small kitchen.  My children were both under food with many small toys, way too many people and things in my kitchen.  So I was getting a little frustrated and forced both boys and toys into the family room in front of the TV, with a constant verbal parade of, “get out of my kitchen, both of you and take your toys with you”.   My 4-year-old came into the kitchen asking to go to Cole’s, his little friend’s house, (or so I thought).  When I in my hurried attempt to finish dinner and get it on plates in the dining room, I asked him “where do you want to go” he replied “Cole’s, next time we go shopping can we go to Kohl’s?”  With my back to him as I dished out dinner I asked “why do you want to go to Kohl’s?”  To which he replied, very matter of fact “I want to buy you a new dress.” There was an audible gasp at this point and a deafening silence as I stopped everything I was doing.  I did what all good moms would have done, felt like crap for not taking the time to talk with him as I was getting dinner ready.  Dinner was late and a little cool when we got it on the table, I stopped to smell the roses, or in this moment savor my loving, thoughtful little boy.  The next weekend we were shopping with my parents in the mall when I took Kyan with me to Old Navy to look at dresses.  He looked around for a minute and loudly said “this is not right we need to go to Kohl’s after this” 

We are on the lookout for a blue and green stripped dress for him to buy me.  Today I am signing of with a YES MEJ

No comments:

Post a Comment